Tuesday, November 18, 2008

vomit, wedding, and potty training

So Thursday we got in the car to make our way to Utah for Bryce's brother's wedding. Robert was tired and we have now learned that starting on a trip when he is tired is bad news. He threw up all over the back seat of the car not once but twice before we were even out of Bremerton. He kept spitting up until we reached Pendleton where we were able to think and bought crackers and seven up for him. After that it was smooth sailing. We got into Logan at 2:30 in the morning and slept for 4 hours before Robert insisted on getting up.

Bryce's parents and sisters arrived Friday evening and we spent some time talking and figuring out the plan for the next day before people went to bed. It was a kind of early morning. Looking back I should have gotten up earlier so that I could have gotten everything done with a little time to think before we left for the day's activities.

We had lunch with Judy's family before the wedding. It was yummy. The sealing was wonderful they had an awesome sealer. It was neat to be there and see my husband with his brother. They are brother's but they are also really good friends. We spent some time at the mall before the reception. The reception was beautiful. It was small and sweet. If I had it to do over again I would go with the size they had. I liked it. Don't worry I have pictures of it. And just for all of you Judy's mom made Judy's dress. It was really pretty.

Now we are back home and potty training is in full swing at our house. Robert is doing pretty good. He has only had one accident in his underwear in two days. He gets so happy. It is funny he will run into the bathroom and then wait for you to help him. He then stands there and says its coming over and over again until he starts to pee. (I am a mom I get joy out of these little accompishments that my little boy has)

I think thats it except for pictures.


The cake was really good



I saved this one for last because it is my favorite.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Thank you so much, Bryce and Amber, for making the long drive to Utah for the wedding. (Thanks also for the compliments about Judy's dress!) I love your pictures - you are right about that last one of Judy dancing with her Daddy being wonderful! Thanks for sharing your photos so quickly. :-) We finally got (on Thursday) the copies of the ones Judy's uncle took. After hearing so much about you and Bryce and your darling little Robert for so long, it was a joy to finally get to meet you. I hope we get to see each other again sometime.

Celia said...

So glad you made it home safe. Thanks for coming and staying with us! Love the pictures! Love you guys too!!

Lacey said...

Hey! Hope everything is going great with you guys. Wanted to stop by and say hello.... your pictures are awesome! What a trip you guys had, huh? Was he sick, or just tired? I'm sure glad we haven't had to deal with those kinds of trips yet... yikes! You were invited to our blog, right? I hope so.... you should come check it out! BTW, how's your mom doing??? She was on my mind this morning too.