Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Birthday party (the Work)

Ok so Robert and Rylee had their birthday party yesterday and I did the cakes for it. Little did I realize that it would mean 4 hours of baking and a little over five hours of frosting and that was with my friend Susie helping me. They did turn out really cute though.


A before picture of all the baking!


Another before picture!


This cake was made using 16 mini cupcake tops and a 15x11 cake. then add about 2.5 tubes of frosting and there you have it!!!


This was Rylee's cake notice the flower on the ear. (and the fact the banana says Rylee)




This one obviously was Robert's.

We had a jungle/ water party. Both of the kids love monkey's thus the monkey cakes. They were a lot of work but the kids liked them and it was fun being creative with something that I got to eat after. I don't think I will go into business though. It takes me to long to do these right now. Maybe after I get more practice and get faster and better at it I will think about it. So don't ask!

4 comments:

Laurie Huish said...

Wow I am really impressed with those cakes! So glad to see you have a blog!

Linzi said...

You are AWESOME!

Jessica said...

Those are amazing!!

Megan Marie said...

what a great set of cakes! seriously, you should start a business.